It’s been a while since I wanted to try to make my own granola jar but I am way too attached to my peanut butter-banana toasts in the morning that I was wondering if I would actually eat it instead. I talked about it with a colleague who, by chance knew who that was and who gave me the recipe she uses to make it, ensuring that it was delicious and approved by her whole family. She gave me the recipe and I saw she was mixing it with oil (forbidden ingredient here) so I checked others (crazy) recipes on Pinterest before admitting than hers looked the best and the safest to try. I ate it the next morning and I am not addicted to it so I thought I would share the recipe. Trust me, it is super healthy (160 calories for 40g: F | 10.8g, C | 14g, P | 4.4g) and delicious!
- 200gr oatmeal
- 50gr Almonds
- 30gr Hazelnuts
- 50gr nuts
- 50gr squash seeds
- 15gr (1.5tbsp) Coconut oil
- 10gr (1tbsp) Agave syrup
- 60gr Chocolate
- Mix together the dry ingredients (oatmeal, almonds, hazelnuts, nuts, squash seeds). You can add whatever seeds and nuts you like.
- In a separate small bowl, heat the coconut oil (30 secs in the microwave should be enough) and mix it with the agave syrup.
- Pour that mixture into the dry ingredients bowl and mix well (I added the minimum oil I could so I used my hands to make sure all the dry ingredients had oil on it to avoid burning)
- Pour everything on a baking tray covered with parchment paper
- Bake at 180°C (355°F) for 12 minutes. Mix then add another 12 minutes. Mix again then another 12 minutes. Mix and add another 5 minutes.
- Set aside and allow it to cool down.
- Cut the chocolate chunk into pieces and add it to the mix once it has cooled down.
Pour into a jar and enjoy!
Do let me know if you tried it, or if you have another amazing granola recipe 🙂